July 9, 2015

Diaries

It's been fifteen days since I returned home from Germany. It took me four days to recover from jet lag. It was difficult, indeed. I was miserably in transitions of lifestyle, an odd in-between state of expectation and reality, of two different languages and cultures. As much foolish as it may seem, the first thing I did when arrived home was re-arranging my bedroom. I love simplicity and neatness. I like my surroundings to be tidy and organized. Perhaps that's one reason why I love staying in Germany, the quality of orderliness is excellent, everything is carefully done and arranged.

My room was left uninhabited in the past 6 months, though the housemaid cleans it everyday, but the old stuffs remained there and it was just too much for me. I unloaded my wardrobe, selected only practical and long lasting fashion wear. I found that I had too many jerseys from fun-run and marathon race I attended. I don't need all of them, I picked only my favorites and threw the remaining away. I put all of my no-longer-wear clothes into a box that will be sent for charity.

Finished with wardrobe, I shifted re-arranging the bookshelves. I was surprised looking at how many unfinished readings I have from my collections. So many good books but so little time to read. I need to learn speed reading again. At the bottom of bookshelves, there laid half a dozen of my personal diaries. My hand was trembling as I reached them out of shelves. Those are memories of my school and college year. I skimmed over the pages, reading each lines. God, how stupid I was at that time. There were many stories written, it used to be funny but now it becomes embarassing. How could it be so unintelligent! What piles of crap I wrote there!! I wanted to quickly burn them away in flames. 

Then I realized my past also contributed to what I have become today. Without it, I would have been a different person. It's inexplicable why I love writing. It's not always about the content, but I like the sheer of joy in writing itself. My diaries represent what I used to be and to think in some timeframe in my life, they are my history. When I look back, I could see how far I have gone and how much I have evolved. So I decided to keep them. No matter how ridiculous, they are my treasures.

In addition, I'm trying to keep this blog updated. This blog is also my diary, but I'm still figuring out how to make it more useful to the readers. I have many interests, I like writing about my travel experience, cooking experiments, sports rehearsal, and still more. I thought about separating topics of interest into several blogs. I used to have three or more different blogs (one was in Wordpress, another one in Tumblr) but I couldn't manage them all. I deleted most of them eventually and leave this only blog. To distinguish points of interest, I put labels in each posts. In this post, it's labeled as Random Thoughts as I don't have clear purpose for dear readers, just want to share what's in my mind. If you find it boring, then click another post label, unfollow, or just simply close this tab! Please don't mind me :) In this blog I write mostly in English, sometimes could also be in Bahasa, but later I do hope I can write in German. Who knows, perhaps someday I'll become a good writer! :)


1 comment:

  1. Инстраграмм являться самой популярной на данный момент площадкой для продвижения собственного бизнеса. Но, как показывает практика, люди еще чаще подписываются на профили в каких уже достаточное количество подписчиков. Если заниматься продвижение своими силами, потратить на это можно очень много времени, поэтому гораздо лучше обратиться к спецам из Krutiminst.ru на сайт https://medievalmusic.ace.fordham.edu/blog/2018/07/26/hello-world/

    ReplyDelete