December 27, 2015

Chalk Mountain

What's the good thing of living in Indonesia? The sun always shines. And what best to do when the weather is nice? Excursion! During Christmas holiday, I thought I'd just spent the whole days staying at home, clean up things or watching movies. Then a friend of mine, Wulan, all over sudden invited me to go for a little hiking. So off we went to Chalk Mountain (or Chalk Hill perhaps, because it's 390 meters high only). It has four peaks, but we decided to visit just one, Puncak Lalana. On the way to top, we realized that there were just two of us, no other hikers in sight. The only annoying thing was mosquitoes. They flew in troops, like dozens of them surrounding and biting and itching our skin. I should have brought mosquito repellent beforehand!

My trip my adventure! Hell yeah

The trail is half arid and half moist. There are several rocky steep ascension which quite challenging to climb. Yellow straps come in handy since the rocks are too keen to hold. In between of those sedimentary rocks, there are various gap holes. My deep dark fears came intermittently as I glanced over the holes. I was afraid a rattle snake might pop up its head out of the hole. As a person with trypophobia, I found it uneasy to manage climbing on the rocks. But when we reached at the top, the view was just amazing.

180 degree view
The place is simply fascinating to take photos. I wonder how the view looks like when the sun sets, must be wonderful.



It felt amazing to be on top, but when it came to climbing down, it was scary as fuck. There's no support strap, which is actually perfect to practice rock climbing.


I like this place, it fits for short excursion. Next time I'll try other peaks, there are three to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment